Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hunter's Last Game

The 5th Grade Chiefs ended the season in 4th place, but not without a defensive fight. See many shots of Hunter below. #72.


He is nose guard on the right between the two big guys. He stays low.
He was paired with 84 from the Colts on this team. See #84 trying to catch him here. The big blue guy behind him. He is in most of the photos. Hunter was too quick for him.









You can spot him by his red shirt sticking out of the back of his pants.












































He had a little injury when a 180 lbs kid landed on top of him, but he went back into the game soon after.
























Making a tackle and stripping the ball.


















































He is in the middle of the line. He is the low one.







Not really the shot he was wanting me to catch.



























At one point the other team was on the 2nd yard line. The defensive line held them and they didn't score.
Hunter had a great season. He ended it with a big soak in the new jacuzzi we just finished after 3 years.

3 comments:

rjerdee said...

Hunter,

What a great group of pictures!
I hope you had as much fun as it looked like you were having. There is one comment that was never made about Grandpa Al when he played football, "He was too quick to be caught." I was easy to catch. In fact, a Canadian friend of mine said our team slogan should be "We're small but we're slow." He is the President of Wartburg College now.
I really enjoyed watching you play in the games that I saw.
Now back to reading, your real skill.

Love, Grandpa Al

rjerdee said...

Hi Hunter,

I don't understand much about football but it sure looks as if you worked really hard on it.

The part I don't like is that you were injured. I never like to hear that stuff about football.

I'm glad you had such a great season and that you really enjoy the game.

Love, Nana

Gabriele Agustini said...

Those pictures are wonderful! Hunter is such a good looking boy.
My 6 yr. old grandson plays football, but he lives out of state, so I don;t get to watch him. :(
I bet Hunter enjoyed that hot tub.
(Sounds good to me too!)
Thanks for sharing,
gabriele

Thanksgiving Guests At Our Table