Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hunter's a Poet

I AM
by Hunter


I am athletic and artistic.

I wonder what will happen later in my life.

I hear the umpire say, "Out!"

I see things changing all the of the time.

I want to be a major league baseball player
 or an NFL football player.

I am good at math and science.

I pretend that I am a major league baseball player
 when I pitch or get up to bat.

I feel good when I hit the ball or make an out.

I touch the seams of a baseball.

I worry that I will die.

I cried when my grandpa died.

I say "blue 42 red 17 set hike!"

I dream of good things.

I try to be nice to my brother.

I hope I will be a sports hero.

I am a baseball player.

I AM HUNTER.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hunter,
You might add one more line to your poem. "I rule because I am special." I look forward to seeing you play ball again. I know there is much more to you tahn baseball, but it is a real thrill to see you pitch. I love you. Grandpa Al

Anonymous said...

Hunter,

We loved your poem! Thank you for printing it.

Uncle Stan and Aunt Kathleen

Thanksgiving Guests At Our Table