Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Huxley House

Adam took a detour off the RAGBRAI route yesterday...
he wanted to see our old house in Huxley.
She's still there, looking unchanged~~except for the two big trees that once stood
 in the front yard. They've been replaced with new ones.
Note: RAGBRAI stands for the Des Moines
Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa...
this is its 39th year...
.from west to east, river to river.
Adam rode just one day, the leg from Boone to Altoona.
He also visited Kelley where we once lived in the parsonage...
the house doesn't appear to be a parsonage anymore.
He called Kimberly from the Kelley phone booth.
Yep, the town of Kelley has a phone booth.
Right downtown :)


1 comment:

Dimple said...

There's something important about childhood homes. When I am in my hometown, I like to drive by the two houses I lived in before I was a teenager. The Huxley home looks like a very nice place!

Thanksgiving Guests At Our Table