Thursday, May 7, 2009

Earth Day Trash Bash
(just a little late)

I know Earth Day was a couple weeks ago, but I just haven't found a good picture to share until now.

On April 22, Adam participated in the Des Moines Parks and Recreation Earth Day Trash Bash along with over 200 Wells Fargo employees (along with employees from several other Des Moines businesses). See Adam circled; trust me that's me :).

Many interesting things were found; I personally rolled one tire up a hill and filled a garbage bag. Others near me found what seemed to be the remainders of a homeless camp. I guess a rusted out delivery truck was even discovered. After all the work there was a party downtown to recognize everyone's effort.



Here is a map showing where the Wells Fargo gang worked, MacRae Park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gray's Lake--yeah, that's a good place for a homeless camp. Congrats on your efforts for Earth Day! Mom

Thanksgiving Guests At Our Table